The picture on day 14 was captured as my mother was practically sprinting through the Houston Hobby airport with her jam-packed rolling carry-on floating behind her. (far more jam-packed than mine, for the record..... a trait that I did not get from her: the tendency to pack a bunch of shit that I am really, truly, not going to wear). My mother has never been one to stand still on an escalator, or watch her groceries slowly inch down the conveyor belt at the supermarket. Her energy is something that I will forever admire her for. I am amazed by the way she just keeps going all the time, no matter how tired she may be. I must proudly say, I did inherit this trait from her. Being blessed with this trait can sometimes be a curse; we run ourselves wild, and end up falling asleep at Friday night dinner parties or after a single glass of wine. But even in my most exhausted moments, I am proud to have my mothers awesome energy and work ethic. It has gotten me far at this point in my life, and will only take me further from here.
Day 15 was nothing short of perfection. I had a good book in my hand (not as good as the one I had just finished on the plane the day before, though. Moving on from "Bloom" by Kelle Hampton was sort of like moving on from a break-up), a margarita wine in hand, and a new pair of shades. I have spent the last 15 years of my life searching for a nice pair of aviators that did not make my face look like a balloon, and at last in Texas, the purchase was made. It is impossible to have these moments everyday; life simply gets in the way. So I chose to embrace this relaxing and peaceful moment as much as I possibly could.
that "energy" that I spoke about in day 14 has officially worn off, and I am having trouble keeping my eyes open....
sleep tight,
J
No comments:
Post a Comment