Monday, May 12, 2014

Day 11,12,13

Day 11 happens often. It consists of spending time at a place that is new to me, but is home to me. I am once again forever grateful for the moments in life that make me wonder, "what did I do before this?" Life will be full of those moments, and watching them unfold will always be so intriguing to me. 

On day 12, I walked into my apartment after a long, dissatisfying day at work to a card in the mail. My address was clearly written in my moms handwriting. I tore it open to find the absolute most adorable "just because" card from my mother. Inside she wrote the sweetest words, which I just so happen needed to hear after my day at work. My mother. I have no words to describe the way she is and the way she works. I don't know how she pulls things off, how she makes things happen, but she does. I will spend my life striving to be like her. I strive to work like her, to love like her, to commit like her, to cook like her, to be a mom like her. 

On day 13, a left work behind for my first mini paid "vacation". After a few years of unpaid time off, this was a concept that boggled my mind. So, the night before we flew to Texas, my mom drove up with her packed bags, and we cracked open a few bottles of wine in order to celebrate our great escape. This bottle read: "project happiness. Finally someone put happiness on a bottle. Took long enough, didn't it?" :-)

Stay happy,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment