Before I begin, my inspiration to blog more came from the author Kelle Hampton. In her book "Bloom" she writes a lot about her blogging experience. Once I finished her fantastic memoir, I began to follow her blog as well. I can't get it out of my head that it's time for me to start my blogging journey. So here we go....
100 Days of Happiness
Day 1
The bracelets that I wear on my left hand bring me endless amounts of strength. My leather rope from Guyana connects me to the people I met there and the experiences I had. It always comes close to falling off, and somehow I always catch it. My black Buddha beads represent my patients at work. It was made for me by a coworker that has helped me through thick and thin since I started my new job. He told me to spin my beads and rotate my bracelet when I am having a challenging day and need inner peace and strength. Last but not least, my orange bracelet was made for me by a new friend that has just recently walked into my life. How is it possible that I spent 25 years without having this person by my side? Life is weird like that. We don't realize we were missing something until it's right in front of us. She gave me the bracelet that morning with a note attached. The note simply read: I have faith in you. Adding this bracelet to my left hand was indeed my happy moment of the day. It was another peace of joy, love and strength being added to my left hand collection. Thank you, to my dear friends in Guyana, my amazing and supportive coworker, and my newly found soul sister for making day 1 so special to me. I carry you with me wherever I go. In thr words of E.E. Cummings: I carry your heart with me, I carry it in my heart. I am never without it. Anywhere I go, you go, my dear.
Day 2
I had labeled this one: "backseat cruising with my boyfriend". There is nothing more satisfying than those moments when Matt us by my side, and we are just simply living. This moment was one of them. That sunny Sunday was full of happy moments. After church, I spent the day with such amazing people. Good friends, good beer, and vitamin D made this day the special day that it was. But nothing compared to that simple moment with my boyfriend. There is nothing more beautiful than those moments where you look around at your life, or at your situation, and simply say "thank you" to God for his countless and endless blessings.
Day 3
My first gel manicure!
We'll, I'm now completely hooked. I went out. I bought the kid. I bought colors. And have been attaching my hand with the UV light since I brought it home from CVS on Good Friday afternoon. Hello, new form of therapy and self pampering. Nice to meet you :)
Day 4
Missing. Oops. I swear, I had a happy moment though!
Day 5
When I wake up in the morning, one of my favorite things to do is walk into the living room. The sun radiates through the bay windows, illuminating the entire room with this warm rays. I recall it snowed the night before. A random April flurry, which didn't surprise me after the winter we had. I couldn't help but capture the warm sun streaming through the windows that morning. It surely was a beautiful sight.
Enough for tonight, I'm getting sleeping. More catching up on my 100 Days of Happiness tomorrow
Peace & love always,
J
No comments:
Post a Comment